The Office of International Programs' overarching administrative office leads the University’s international mission with the support of several interconnected specialization units. The lead administrative operation (OIPA) coordinates the campus-wide internationalization efforts and administrative leadership of its integrated units. For example, OIPA supports curriculum development and faculty research; promotes Fulbright and other fellow program opportunities; encourages implementation of global initiatives in the various colleges; manages international travel grant funds; coordinates the North Carolina Foreign Policy lecture series program; hosts the World Affairs Council of Charlotte; manages international linkages with higher education institutions in other countries; and welcomes international delegations and official visitors to campus.
OIP’s Integrated Units Include:
- The Office of International Programs Administration is the lead administrative operations unit and coordinates the campus-wide internationalization efforts and leadership of OIP's integrated units.
- The Office of Education Abroad offers opportunities for students and faculty to participate in a variety of learning experiences outside the United States.
- The International Student and Scholar Office provides information, services, and programs for international students, faculty, and visiting scholars.
- The English Language Training Institute prepares international students for academic study in the United States through English language and cultural adaptation instruction.
- The Office of Intercultural and Educational Experiences produces customized short-term academic and professional development programs for groups.
- The Office of Global Education and Engagement orchestrates academic and co-curricular opportunities to enhance global and intercultural learning for University constituents and the Charlotte community.
OIP's Longstanding Partnership with the World Affairs Council of Charlotte:
In addition to its integrated units, OIP also hosts the headquarters of the World Affairs Council of Charlotte (WACC). Through our partnership with WACC, OIP can better provide connection with and international education programming to the Charlotte community. In addition and on an annual basis, WACC provides numerous internationally prominent speakers including ambassadors, economists, authors and other thought leaders who address important topics of world affairs.